Pages

Wednesday, October 20, 2010

The Good, The Bad & Chenta Weddings

In life, there are always the good things and the bad things. Sometimes bad things have to happen before any good can come out of it. But sometimes, you just can't help but ask yourself; "Why me?!".

I have had a good life. Alhamdulillah. But having a good life still didn't prepare me for some of the obstacles that I have faced in recent years. In October 2008, I was retrenched from my darling job at EMI Music. We had seen it coming cos ever since the introduction of mp3's, we had seen drastic decline in album sales. Take Ella for example; the 1st year that I was with EMI Music her albums were still selling about 75,000 copies. The 2nd year; her album sales dropped to 40,000 copies. And during the last year; her album 'Rama-Rama' sold no more than 25,000 copies. But who to blame right? Even I download mp3's. Then finally our worst fears came true when our MD announced that EMI Music Malaysia will finally be closing its doors in October 2008. Some of our acts like Ella, Amuk and Fiq were signed over to Warner Music. And me? Well.. I was out of a job. No more glitz and glamour of the PR world. No more traveling abroad with the stars for MTV Asia Awards, no more APM and no more AIM. So I moved on.. But I didn't want to go back to the music industry because I felt that if EMI Music can close down, so can other labels.

One month later, in November 2008 I joined the creative department of an events company. It was a whole new thrill for me. The working hours were long at times. Sometimes even until 5am in the morning. But it was worth it. My job scope included coming up with creative ideas for TV content, opening ceremonies and product launches. Also on my plate was stuff like marketing plans, site recces, designing and bla bla bla.. In this modern age, it's really hard to do just one thing at work cos multi-tasking is a must. But this year, the events line took a downward spiral. We starting receiving less job offers and at some point we barely had anything to do at the office. And upon my return from Europe (just one week after I got back) , I received a phone call from my boss. Bad news. The company was shutting down. What?! Didn't I just get retrenched 2years ago? Last week I dropped by the office and packed up my desk. I was overwhelmed with sadness.

So here I am now; nearing the age of 30 without a job. But maybe, just maybe, it was all a blessing in disguise. Maybe this is fate. And maybe Allah s.w.t is merely pushing me in the right direction because I have decided to stop working and concentrate fully on Chenta Weddings. So in the last couple of weeks since my return from Europe I have kept myself busy with just that. Fellow bloggers and beloved readers, please do pray for the success of Chenta Weddings. And to all you brides-to-be, please do not hesitate to drop us an email if you're interested in our services and I think you'll be pleasantly surprised with our low prices.. ;)

This Saturday will be a big day for Chenta Weddings as we have a wedding to work on where we're supplying everything like booking the venue, providing canopies and tables & chairs, the pelamin, the decor, the doorgifts, the catering and... Oh gosh, you name it and we'll do it. At this point of time, all I can do is pray that everything will go smoothly.

The canopies were already set up yesterday and today the hubby is already at the garden (yes, it's a garden wedding.. whee!) to set up the photo booth as well as the gazebo where coffee & tea will be served after the formal dinner. Tomorrow I'll be starting my first day of work at the garden in terms of setting up the decor. Can't wait! At the moment I'm still working on some of the preparations for the decor that will be used for the wedding. Here's a sneak peak:






That's all for now cos I have to get back to work. But insya'Allah next week I'll definitely be uploading some very delicious photos of the wedding. Till then..

ps. Shoot! I still have updated the blog about our Euro trip. I guess that too will have to wait for next week.. =/

No comments:

Post a Comment