Remember when I said that hubby was working on that BOH tea campaign "1 Ummph, 1 Smile, 1 Malaysia" where the winner will get RM5,000? Tak ingat, click here. Anyways, here's a sad but cute story that I wanted to share about this young boy who suffers from mental retardation. To me, ni la dia rakyat contoh. Walaupun kurang upaya dia masih mampu mencari rezeki yang halal. Budak ini sangat² chomel.. Nasib baik aku takde kat sana masa tu cos if I was there, I might just have hugged this kid! Nape dia chomel? Silalah baca conversation dia dengan my hubby when Winder approached him to participate in the campaign:
Winder: Hey bro, would you like to smile for Malaysia?
KFC Kid: Yes sure, why not!
So Winder pun explain la mechanics contest ni kat budak tu: "All you need to do is smile! And fill up this form with your name, IC no. and your contact number.."
KFC Kid: Oh ok.. I see..
Winder: So what's your IC number bro?
KFC Kid: I'm sorry sir but I cannot remember my IC number. Excuse me sir, but my hands are dirty. I go wash my hands first ok?
Winder: Alright bro, no worries..
Padahal hubby cakap ngan aku tangan dia tak kotor pun cos he was only holding a broom je. See? That's good parenting! Parents dia tahu anak dia kurang upaya so obviously the parents must have taught this boy good personal hygiene. But anyways, budak tu pun masuk balik ke KFC untuk cuci tangan dia and when he came back:
Winder: Alright bro.. You want to fill in the form or would you like me to fill it in for you?
KFC Kid: Can also lah, you fill it in for me..
So budak tu pun pass Winder his IC and Winder pun tolonglah isi form tu. Then bila sampai part handphone number, Winder tanya dia:
Winder: Bro, what's your mobile number eh?
KFC Kid: Mobile? Err.. What's a mobile number, sir?
Winder: Your handphone number bro..
KFC Kid: Oh, I don't have a handphone. But I can give you my mummy's handphone number. My mummy's handphone number is...
Winder: Alright bro, cool. Do you have a Facebook account? Your picture will be uploaded there so you can see it online..
KFC Kid: Facebook? No sir, I don't have Facebook.
Winder: It's alright bro, no worries. So if you win, we'll give your mummy a call k? Thank you so much for your time man..
KFC Kid: Thank you, sir!
Then masa Winder dah nak gerak, budak tu panggil Winder balik and said:
KFC Kid: Excuse me, sir.. Actually, I don't care if I win or not. Because I like to smile. And I will smile for Malaysia..
This was such a heart-warming story and Winder was so excited to tell me about it when he got home from work. When he told me about it I just kept going, "Awwwww.. So sweet..". Menitik air mata masa tulis entry ni.. Orang-orang macam budak ni la yang mengingatkan kita to be happy with what we have. We humans are always so busy looking for money to buy that posh house, that designer handbag, new killer heels and other luxury items that we forget how fortunate we really are: Because we are healthy. Kami sempurna. And yet we're always unhappy with what we have. And here he is, someone so much less fortunate than us but yet he always faces life with a smile.
Moral: Be grateful for what you have. "But she has this and he has that.." - Stop comparing yourself to others.
Syukur Alhamdulillah; God couldn't have blessed me with better parents than my own because they fed me, clothed me, raised me, loved me unconditionally and they have stood by me through thick & thin whether I was wrong or right. Tiada kasih sayang yang dapat dibandingkan dengan kasih sayang seorang ibu dan ayah. Syukur Alhamdulillah; God has blessed me with beautiful brothers who love me more than life itself. Syukur Alhamdulillah; God has sent me an angel to look after me, guide me, care for me and love me for the rest of my life - I ♥ you hubby.. You are truly God sent..
KFC Kid: Yes sure, why not!
So Winder pun explain la mechanics contest ni kat budak tu: "All you need to do is smile! And fill up this form with your name, IC no. and your contact number.."
KFC Kid: Oh ok.. I see..
Winder: So what's your IC number bro?
KFC Kid: I'm sorry sir but I cannot remember my IC number. Excuse me sir, but my hands are dirty. I go wash my hands first ok?
Winder: Alright bro, no worries..
Padahal hubby cakap ngan aku tangan dia tak kotor pun cos he was only holding a broom je. See? That's good parenting! Parents dia tahu anak dia kurang upaya so obviously the parents must have taught this boy good personal hygiene. But anyways, budak tu pun masuk balik ke KFC untuk cuci tangan dia and when he came back:
Winder: Alright bro.. You want to fill in the form or would you like me to fill it in for you?
KFC Kid: Can also lah, you fill it in for me..
So budak tu pun pass Winder his IC and Winder pun tolonglah isi form tu. Then bila sampai part handphone number, Winder tanya dia:
Winder: Bro, what's your mobile number eh?
KFC Kid: Mobile? Err.. What's a mobile number, sir?
Winder: Your handphone number bro..
KFC Kid: Oh, I don't have a handphone. But I can give you my mummy's handphone number. My mummy's handphone number is...
Winder: Alright bro, cool. Do you have a Facebook account? Your picture will be uploaded there so you can see it online..
KFC Kid: Facebook? No sir, I don't have Facebook.
Winder: It's alright bro, no worries. So if you win, we'll give your mummy a call k? Thank you so much for your time man..
KFC Kid: Thank you, sir!
Then masa Winder dah nak gerak, budak tu panggil Winder balik and said:
KFC Kid: Excuse me, sir.. Actually, I don't care if I win or not. Because I like to smile. And I will smile for Malaysia..
This was such a heart-warming story and Winder was so excited to tell me about it when he got home from work. When he told me about it I just kept going, "Awwwww.. So sweet..". Menitik air mata masa tulis entry ni.. Orang-orang macam budak ni la yang mengingatkan kita to be happy with what we have. We humans are always so busy looking for money to buy that posh house, that designer handbag, new killer heels and other luxury items that we forget how fortunate we really are: Because we are healthy. Kami sempurna. And yet we're always unhappy with what we have. And here he is, someone so much less fortunate than us but yet he always faces life with a smile.
Moral: Be grateful for what you have. "But she has this and he has that.." - Stop comparing yourself to others.
Syukur Alhamdulillah; God couldn't have blessed me with better parents than my own because they fed me, clothed me, raised me, loved me unconditionally and they have stood by me through thick & thin whether I was wrong or right. Tiada kasih sayang yang dapat dibandingkan dengan kasih sayang seorang ibu dan ayah. Syukur Alhamdulillah; God has blessed me with beautiful brothers who love me more than life itself. Syukur Alhamdulillah; God has sent me an angel to look after me, guide me, care for me and love me for the rest of my life - I ♥ you hubby.. You are truly God sent..
No comments:
Post a Comment