Rasanya antara banyak² halangan dan rintangan yang aku hadapi dalam hal wedding planning tuk our wedding; my make up artist was the only one yang takde masalah. Cos the moment we decided that the wedding was going to be in JB, ada satu je nama make up artist dalam kepala aku: Gie Ismail.
Gie Ismail was my college mate back in 2000-2002. Orangnya sangat² gifted dalam bidang melukis dan photo manipulation. Of course lepas college tu kita lost contact tapi alhamdulillah a couple of years back kitorang terserempak and exchanged numbers. Borak² ngan dia dapat tahu that rupanya dia ni buat bridal make up, photography as well as wedding planning. I also follow his work on his Facebook page "G.I.A". Gie has got amazing make up, photography and photo manipulation skills. His work is daring and very high fashion to me. Check out his work and you'll know why.
Gie Ismail was my college mate back in 2000-2002. Orangnya sangat² gifted dalam bidang melukis dan photo manipulation. Of course lepas college tu kita lost contact tapi alhamdulillah a couple of years back kitorang terserempak and exchanged numbers. Borak² ngan dia dapat tahu that rupanya dia ni buat bridal make up, photography as well as wedding planning. I also follow his work on his Facebook page "G.I.A". Gie has got amazing make up, photography and photo manipulation skills. His work is daring and very high fashion to me. Check out his work and you'll know why.
Gie did an awesome job for my bridal make up, I couldn't have asked for anything more. Dan yang paling best, dia dengar cakap. I told him, "Gie.. Please eh.. Aku tak nak make up terlampau colourful. Aku nak make up yang lembut; so that I look like myself but better!". Of course I also showed him my scrapbook and some samples of make up and hair that I liked which made everything a lot easier for the both of us.
Pada hari Nikah, Gie sampai lewat skit sebab dia sesat. Lagipun sebelum Maghrib hari tu hujan lebat sangat². Tapi bila dia dah sampai, dia terus unpack all his wonder tools. Pejam, kelip, pejam, kelip: dalam masa 45minit gitu aku dah siap. Buka mata pandang cermin terus terasa macam..." Awwwwww.. Gie! I look awesome! Thanks darling!!"
Pada hari sanding plak, kesian Gie. Dia sampai, mata aku tengah lebam. Tak cukup tidur cos aku dan husband tidur kul 6pagi. Pengantin sibuk gi pacak signage tuk reception sampai kul 5pagi. Boleh gitu?! Dan chaos kat rumah pada pagi itu yang menyebabkan aku mengangis macam baby langsung tak membantu situasi mataku yang lebam. But with Gie's magic fingers, he managed to make me look good. I loved my make up for the reception. Light pink for the upper half of the eyelids and black for the lower half. And with the fake lashes, I got that dramatic goth-ish look that I adore so much. Rambut plak, dia sumbat roller yang sebesar tidak. Aku tengok binatang roller yang besar tu cam pelik je hehe.. But once he took them out and started styling my hair, it all made sense. For my lipstick, Gie used my favourite shade of M.A.C. Creemsheen Glass - "Petite Indulgence". Macam tau² je kau ni Gie hehe..
For those of you who are interested, Gie Ismail charges RM450 per session. Outstation pun dia boleh buat tapi harga naik sikit la cos nak cover transportation dia dan sebagainya. Kalau nak contact dia, you can PM him directly on his Facebook page "G.I.A".
No comments:
Post a Comment