Pages

Wednesday, May 5, 2010

The Doorgift For Our Reception

I haven't blogged in a week. I know, I'm sorry. But I have an excuse, "I've been busy!". As a matter of fact, I still am. But I'm writing this entry because somebody complained that I haven't been blogging. So, Hazlynda; this one's for you.. ;)

It's a short entry cos like I said, I don't have much time. So I chose to blog about our reception doorgifts. As everything else for the wedding, our doorgifts too were a DIY effort. Mula² nak bagi those kipas tangan kayu tu but then, OBJECTION besar dari ibu bapa:


Abah kata, "Nanti majlis Sarah nak beli berkat apa?"

Sarah kata, "Sarah ingat nak beli kipas tangan kayu bah.. Lawa tau.!Tu ari Sarah ngan Winder nampak kat Nilai 3. Harga pun murah.."

Abah kata, "Kipas tangan? Hmmm.. Ok lah.. Suka hati kau lah.."


Dua hari kemudian..

Mama kata, "Sarah.. Your father was asking how much the fans cost."

Sarah kata, "Bout RM1.20 a piece. Why?"

Mama kata, "Err.. He doesn't really like the idea of the fans."

Sarah kata, "But why?!"

Mama kata, "Err.. He just doesn't think that hand fans are appropriate gifts for men.."

Sarah kata, "But mummy.. We picked the hand fans cos it'll be a garden wedding. It'll be hot. I'm sure people will love it! And besides, we already calculated the budget."

Mama kata, "Yes, I know. I like the idea too. But you know your dad. He says if you can find something more suitable and it exceeds your budget, he'll give you some money to top it up.."

Sarah kata, "Hmpfff.. Ok.."

ps. Ye, saya tahu. Saya sangat gedik masa mama kata Abah tak minat ngan kipas tangan tu. But what to do, saya sorang sahaja anak perempuan yang chomel dalam keluarga saya hehe.. Yang lagi dua tu jantan.. And my Abah plak memang species yang macam tu. If he doesn't like something I'm doing/buying/etc he'll say "Ok.." to me. But once I'm gone, he'll tell my mum to tell me that he doesn't agree. Sooo chomel la you Abah. But that's why I love you.. *hugs*



So yes, Plan A: rejected. Back to square one. For us, square one meant Nilai 3. Itulah dia doorgift heaven for brides & grooms to-be. Hais.. Kenalah cari doorgift yang 'sesuai' untuk both lelaki dan perempuan. Hais lagi.. Cos I know, Abah memang dalam diam nak bagi telur. So, to make Abah happy, kita pun cari la bekas telur. Mula² jumpa kotak yang disalut kain songket. Sangat suka those boxes ok but sadly, banyak sangat colour plak bercampur dalam satu set. Kita just nak beige.. Or green.. So Plan B: pun rejected. Next we started looking at those cutesie straw boxes. And when I found them; "Ting!": the lightbulb in my head berbunyi lagi. I told Winder that we could really make this work even though it looks all plain and simple on its own. But with ribbons, the cutesie little boxes would look awesome!

And to me; they did look awesome..



For the doorgift I used:

1. Straw boxes
2. Off-white ribbons
3. Green ribbons

First, I cut the off-white ribbons into 15cm strips (2 for each box). Then I used a glue gun to fix the white ribbons onto the box lids; one horizontally and one vertically. Then I cut the green ribbons into 25cm strips. Once cut, I'd take the green ribbon and slip it under the white ribbons (that I had already glued on the box lids) and tie it into a bow. As easy as 1-2-3.. Try it!

Good luck! *winks*

1 comment: