Ok, ok.. I know that a new layout is nothing special. Nak² memandangkan yang aku baru je tukar layout like what.. err.. 3months ago? Tapi layout kali ni special skit. Because it kinda symbolizes what Bridal Supernova is all about. I still kept my colour scheme: white, blue & green. But I've added in a background of stars in a blue sky (kononnya la hehe..) to symbolize a Supernova and I've changed the header. FYI the caricature on the old header was actually the caricature of us that we had used for our wedding invites. I would have loved to share a screen shot of the old layout out but diri aku yang pandai ni ter-overwrite the old layout after I downloaded it. Typical. Sheesh!
So now about Bridal Supernova: You see, I started this blog just like many other brides. To document our wedding journey. And when I sat down to think of a name for the blog I thought to myself, "What's a classy name that will withstand the test of time even after we're married?". Macam² nama la terlintas kat fikiran. Nak sebut sekarang pun dah tak ingat lagi dah. Then I remembered one of my favourite songs from my teenage years: "Champagne Supernova" by OASIS. Hmmmm.. Yes! Why not?! Why not "Bridal Supernova"? Check URL punya availability; Alhamdulillah! Still available! Wooohooohooooo!
Ok, but why "Bridal Supernova"? And what does it mean?
I'm sure that everyone knows the meaning of "Bridal" but just for the sake of it, here's it's meaning in the dictionary:
BRIDAL
brid·al [brahyd-l]
adjective - Of, for, or pertaining to a bride or a wedding: a bridal gown.
Bridal. Understood la kan? But what about Supernova? Apakah itu?
SUPERNOVA
su·per·no·va [soo-per-noh-vuh]
The cataclysmic explosion of a massive star. A Supernova may, for a short time, out shine an entire galaxy of a hundred billion ordinary stars.
So you see? Like mentioned in the dictionary: "A Supernova (bride) may, for a short time, out shine an entire galaxy of a hundred billion ordinary stars (the hundred billion ordinary women who are not brides on that day)". Bermakna, for that one day in your life, a bride is more than any other woman in the world.
But now as I near the end of my documentation of our wedding (FYI I've only got about 5 entries left to blog about our wedding) the emptiness is starting to set in. So here's a question for you guys:
Should I keep updating this blog when I'm done blogging about our wedding?
No comments:
Post a Comment