Pages

Tuesday, May 11, 2010

My Bridal Shoes

The story of my bridal shoes is a long and brutal one; because I simply could not find the perfect pair of shoes. No, I wasn't fussy. No, I wasn't picky. I think what I wanted was a very innocent request: a pair of silver shoes with some bling on it. I needed them to be silver because I wore 2 outfits during our reception: My Javanese inspired dress and my Lengha. I didn't wanna waste money buying 2 different pair of shoes sebab satu dress kaler pink and yang satu lagi kaler biru. That's why the best option was to look for silver. Lagipun kalau dapat plain silver ngan bling skit tu boleh pakai sampai bila²..

Months before the wedding I dah ada a few options as to where I'd like to buy my shoes. Di antaranya; Aldo, Lewré or Charles & Keith. Tapi bila pergi scouting aku sedar bahawa kasut Aldo semuanya tinggi nak mampos. Kang ada gak aku tersungkur masa menghala ke pelamin so Aldo was out of the picture. Kat Lewré plak takde silver, silver. Yang ada, macam greyish with bling so Lewré pun out of the picture. Which left me with Charles & Keith. Diorang memang ada banyak kasut satin with bling yang sangat sesuai dijadikan bridal shoes TAPI semuanya in colour! So if you guys want affordable bridal shoes, I'd definitely recommened Charles & Keith! Kalau nak save lagi, tunggulah diorang buat end-of-season ataupun clearance sale.

After my first 3 choices hampeh, we pretty much ended up at every single shoe store you can think of: Isetan, Metrojaya, Parksons, Midvalley, Gardens, Pavillion and bla bla bla.. Semua kedai aku masuk: Vincci, Nose, Summit, Mixit and bla bla bla.. Tapi semuanya hampeh. Sedih. Lagi 2 minggu nak kahwin tapi bridal shoes still tak dapat.

Sampailah 1 week before the wedding when we went to Holiday Plaza Johor Bahru untuk beli handphone hantaran aku. Kalau sesiapa yang tak pernah pergi Holiday Plaza tu aku bagi contoh skit; dia macam Sungei Wang juga. Penuh dengan kedai² Cina yang jual baju murah². Aku dah memang putus asa masa tu. Rasa macam nak kaki ayam je time wedding. Kalau Joss Stone bleh buat, takkan aku takleh buat kan? But then when we were about to head home, aku saje je singgah satu kedai ni. Kedai tu sangat random. Then tengok² diorang ada banyak plak kasut² silver with bling on it. Hmmmm.. Aku pun try la a few. Then when I tried this particular one, Winder said, "Sayang.. These shoes look very pretty on your feet. You should get these!". Aku pun pandang sales girl tu and said, "Saya amik yang ni la kak!". Harga? RM89.90. Haha.. Much, much, much lower than my initial budget of RM350.00 hehe.. Memang in the end I didn't get my Aldo, my Lewré or my Charles & Keith shoes but at least I got what I really wanted in the design.. ♥


No comments:

Post a Comment